Annoying Textmate "Feature" Fixed

I’ve finally found a solution to an issue that’s been plaguing me for months. I’ve found that when Apple-tab’ing back and forth between other apps and a Textmate project, Textmate freezes while it refreshes the project tree. This can take several seconds for medium-to-large projects.

Well, it looks like there’s a fix for that. If you’re having the same issue, check out the ReMate plugin. It allows you to disable the automatic refreshing of your projects. You can still refresh manually, however. It will probably save you several minutes a day and a lot of frustration.

On another Textmate note, while I was preparing this post, I see that there is a new version of Textmate out. It’s a good thing, since 2 out of the 3 fixes are for Snow Leopard. That makes 6 versions of Textmate since the start of 2008. I really wish I knew more about the future of it, since it would make me more inclined to invest time in learning the ins and outs of the product. As of right now, I feel like I’m treading water until Espresso / Coda matures or I break down and buy one of the several IDEs available.