I’ve been involved with the development of Spring.Net since the beginning of the project. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, my involvement has waned over the past few years. Fortunately, development hasn’t and Mark Pollack, the stellar project lead, just emailed the developers to announce the new 1.3.0 RC1 release:
We are pleased to announce that Spring .NET 1.3.0 RC1 is now available.
This release contains the following new major features:
* Micosoft Test Framework integration – Integration test classes to support MSTest in addition to NUnit.
* TIBCO EMS integration – Helper classes to increase your productivity developing messaging based applications with TIBCO EMS.
* NVelocity integration – Helper classes to configure a NVelocity template engine in a Spring based application
* VS.NET Solution Templates – VS.NET 2008 based solution templates to get you up and running quickly creating Spring based applications.
* DI support for Enterprise Service Components
Other notable new features:
* NHibernate 2.1 and ActiveMQ NMS 1.1 support.
* Updated and documented NHibernate 2.1 QuickStart application.
* Spring based NHibernate ByteCode provider to support DI for NH entities.
This release includes approximately 100 bug fixes and enhancements since t=
he 1.2.0 release.
Please refer to the changelog for additional details.
Congrats to all of the developers. Unfortunately, earlier this summer, I announced to the group that I would no longer be able to head up the Spring.Threading project. This is due to my increasingly busy schedule running 1530 as well as a decrease in the amount of time that I actually use .NET day-to-day. Have no fear, we have an extremely talented and qualified developer taking over the project. I’ll still keep in contact with everyone and I wish them all the best.