So, I got a call the other day from a friend of mine wanting me to take a position at his company.
The catch is that his company is located in Las Vegas. This prompted a friend of mine to come up with a list of what she thinks the top 20 reasons why I couldn’t work in Las Vegas are:
- Would be too tempted to play a sit-and-go poker tourney on my lunch hour.
- It’s way to fun to visit, and if I lived there it would lose its luster
- The weather in June
- The weather in July
- The weather in August
- Too many all you can eat buffets won’t be good for the waistline.
- Too many cash poker games might leave me broke.
- Living where you are surrounded by 1/2 naked, drunk, easy women could lead me down a bad path
- Who would take care of Mongo? ( My fake dog who she would have to take care of if I ever actually got him )
- Though the Pai Gow bonus can make you rich, it can bleed you dry too.
- Vegas is no Chicago
- The Cubs are in Chicago
- No sports teams in Vegas
- Vegas is a LOT further from Notre Dame than Chicago is.
- Access to free tequilla cannot be good for my virtues
- The bar / club scene in vegas is crazier than in Chicago
- Living in Vegas could lead to Elivs overload
- Because she thinks it’s a bad idea
- Two words: Bachelorette Parties
- All of the free red bull and all night poker would give me a heart attack.’
Now, one could argue against #16, #19, and #8, but I couldn’t argue with #20. During a recent trip to Vegas, I played poker from 12am to 7am one morning, and had about 12 red bulls. I thought my heart would explode.
Ah, good times.